Welcome to 8th Grade English

This blog is for you! Throughout the year, you'll be checking here for homework calendars, assignment due dates, PowerPoints or videos you may have missed, pictures from class, and you may even have an assignment to post a comment once in a while! Enjoy!

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

How's It Been Goin'?

So far, I've enjoyed putting this blog together.  This assignment of adding gadgets took me a while.  I literally didn't know such a thing existed, so I spent a long time browsing through the myriad of options.  I actually don't necessarily like the way some of them look, and I think I'll probably remove a few eventually.  I like a more clean and precise look, and I would rather not confuse my students with too much "stuff."  The widget I'm really excited to use, however, is the "poll" at the bottom of the page.  I can see myself changing the questions frequently... and using a variety of questions from content-based to silly stuff!  I also added the "about this blog" widget, which I like as a little background information to the blog.

After I added the gadgets, I went back and changed my template and fonts again.  I swear, I can spend hours (I actually did) changing the fonts and trying out new ones!  I do it on my PowerPoints when I'm creating lessons, and now I'm doing it here, too!  (My daughter even got in on helping me choose the fonts tonight!)

I do like the way it looks, now, and I'm anxious to try it out with my students next year!


No comments:

Post a Comment